Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Day the World Changed Forever

Thirty years ago I became a mother for the first time. I was to make this journey another 5 times; each one special and wonderful except for the one time where my little girl went to heaven instead of into my arms.

Andrea Lynn Wilson was her name and she made her appearance at 6 pounds 14.5 ounces and 19 inches long at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Georgia, on a Tuesday, March 27, 1979 at about 1 pm. She was 3 weeks early. She was born with a head full of her signature blonde hair and had the fairest skin. So fair that it was translucent and you could see her veins.

From the day she entered this world, she always had her own unique way of doing things. She rolled over early, pushed herself to standing in your lap, or would wiggle her head between your legs to view her world upside down like a bat.

And my world changed forever on that day. I had joined the ranks of the elite society of mothers! Still not sure I belonged in that society, I struggled along and did the best I could, making many mistakes along the way.

Still and all her birth one of the 8 best things that ever happened in my life! Now she is 30 years old, she is still my pride and joy and one of the 7 loves of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment