Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Sister's Keeper Finished

I finally finished this book, and I will not spoil it for those who wish to read it or to see the upcoming move from it. I was pleasantly surprised with the story. It did make me glad I know God in my life on a personal level. I cannot imagine having to face life's situations without Him!

There were a lot of issues raised in the book and most were left open for the reader to form his/her opinion. I was struck by the story of the eldest brother's acting out behaviors I think most of all. I know what it is like in a family to have one child with emergent medical needs and some of the sibling issues that come out of that.

I am still not sure how I feel about having a "designer baby" to save a sibling's life. I have no idea what I would do in that situation and am glad it never arose in my life. I do believe if any of my children could have donated blood or marrow or an organ to have helped my older son, they would have done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment