Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

Over the breakfast table this morning, I shared with my husband the email round robin between Andrea, Tiffany, and me about those Heart Family dolls. I was keeping it quiet that I found 2 sets, but as you can see in the comment section below, Miss Tiffany started claiming the family as hers. She sent me 3 or 4 emails about how she was sure they were hers not Andrea's. So, I started collecting clues to figure out which was whose.

Andrea remembered her family all 4 came in one big box and that she stored them in the box. That solves that. They are still in their original box. Tiffany remembered hers had a hole in her hand because she lost her diamond ring. Check! The bath time set has the mom with a hole in her hand! But Tiffany remembers the clothes on Andrea's so vividly and says that must be hers! This has me thinking she probably "borrowed" those clothes, which knowing how protective Andrea had to be of her things with 4 younger siblings, probably was one of the "fights" that led to their dividing the room in half when they were younger!! Of course my ever enterprising oldest child could have sold her sister those clothes since she did make money selling stuff she no longer wanted in "garage sales" to her siblings! Hrmmm!!!!

Well, Big Mama has decided, ladies! Andrea gets the set in church clothes for Vivi. Tiff gets the bath time dolls with all the extra babies. I am not sure if I will give Tiff the nursery set and Andrea the school set or split both sets between you!

Your dad was laughing over the whole email discussion punctuated with the "That's mine!"s. He says who knows what else belonging to the 2 of you he has hidden in the attic! Hehe for your next "Buy Nothing Christmas" you may get a picture of some childhood treasure long forgotten with clues to find it!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't care about the sets. Tiff can have her choice. I do know that the church outfit ones were mine. I probably gave them to Tiffany to play with when I outgrew them. I do not remember the other set (bath set) with the hole in her hand, at all. I do not even know what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking the School set is probably yours because it is in the original box. :-) Also the Nursery set has a bassinet/bathinette, which logically goes with the bathtime set.

    Of course, I will be popping in the thrift stores from time to time to find clothes, accessories, and furniture for Vivi for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea busted me. There was only one complete set of dolls up there and some odds and ends. I am pretty sure the set is hers. I bought odds and ends to finish Tiffany up a set and to have clothes for Vivi.

    ReplyDelete