Saturday, January 24, 2009

31 years ago today

About this time, 31 years ago today, I stood in front of God, my pastor, my friends, and family and made a vow "til death do us part."

Hard to believe it has been so long. Though there are times I think about what if I had made different choices in my life, like remained single, travelled, gotten my PhD, bought a house in Due West, SC, and taught English at Erskine College, where I got my AB in Elementary and Special Education, I do not think I would change my choices if I could. I cannot imagine a world without my 5 delightful children in it, not to mention one with out my precious Sugar Bean (Vivian).

There are some mistakes I regret making, but in the words of Aaron Neville, "It took who I was, and where I've been to make me what I am." Now, there are those who would say that what I am is no prize, and I would probably agree with you. There is so much I wanted to do with my life that is still undone.

So long as my heavenly Father will one day say, "This is my child in whom I am well pleased. Enter ye into the rest and joys of the Lord" then I shall feel I ran the race and finished at His feet.

1 comment: