Monday, January 19, 2009

Forty Pounds lost and still FLYing

Yay! I am now down 40 pounds thanks to Nutrisystem. Eating better, my liver is less swollen and painful and my IBS has really cleared up a lot. I can put my own socks and shoes on now without difficulty or pain. I am also braving my first sign language class tomorrow without fear of pain or accidents.

Melanie did my nails over the weekend and they look very nice. She gave me tips(first time ever for me!) She wants to go to Beauty School, but is taking a year off to earn money and get out on her own so she can qualify for a grant. Saturday past she had an interview at the H2) salon and spa in Metairie ( http://www.h2osalon-spa.com/location.html ). They are looking for a receptionist and think it would be a great place for her to get her start. They said they would call her this week to come in for a second interview to spend 30 minutes at each of their 4 "stations" so she and they can get a feel for which would be best for her. A Beauty salon with valet parking, dahlin'!!

On the Home front, we are still Flying! I love the Fly lady system! One baby step at a time, things are changing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment