Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh I forgot to mention!

Another few wonderful side effects:

My son commented last night that it was the first time in a long time when he could reach in the glass cabinet and find a clean glass waiting. Usually it is empty or someone put dirty ones away without checking them. I take the blame for the latter. I would get so frustrated that everyone left all their nasty dishes in the sink for me to do alone that I did them haphazard. That, plus my health issues made standing there so long with hands in hot soapy water, bending and stretching, a total torment of pain. Now that everyone chips in and my standing there is limited, things are a lot more organized and cleaner. I know I have no excuses for my inner brat acting up, but I am happy to have a way to soothe her.

Another bonus I forgot to mention is that we use glass dishes instead of paper plates. Clean up is the same really and we like the feeling of using them. It is true that there is a totally different feel to using dishes over paper goods. Next step is cloth napkins when I tame the laundry dragon so I do not have to iron them.

Baby steps. baby steps. baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I will ever use cloth napkins. Too much of a hassle. I use nice napkins or papertowels. No one seems to mind. I also like using real dishes. It is greener anyway. You are savings tons of paperplates from ending up in a landfill somewhere. They never decompose.

    ReplyDelete