Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mother of 5 smooth Stones (origin)

Andrea was about 6 when she came home one night from Children's Church and announced that Goliath had 4 giant brothers. I had never heard of this before and had her show me in the Bible. She was right! She said that is why David chose "5 smooth stones" from the brook when he went against Goliath. It was not because he was afraid he would miss the first time. He knew God would guide his aim sure and true against Goliath. He was preparing in case those 4 brothers came after him, and he would have to slay them, too!

When we told Pastor Mike Sartin that Melanie (our fifth child) was on the way, his immediate response was,"Now you will have your 5 smooth stones to sling at the devil's kingdom!"

My husband and I are first generation UPC. I used to weep because I did not have the godly heritage so many have. One day, the Lord spoke to me and said,"Be the heritage you always wanted!" We now have a little 3rd generation UPC: Vivian Abigail Warren. We could not be prouder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment