Monday, December 22, 2008

What a Lovely time

We just returned home from Alexandria from our Buy Nothing Christmas celebration with Andrea, Steven, and Vivian. What a wonderful time of love and sharing we had. Of course family holidays are never complete without the prickly times and bit of arguing so we had a touch of that as well this morning. However, I have to say, there was a tranquil spirit of love and harmony that prevailed throughout most of the visit.

I LOVED MY GIFTS. Andrea and Vivian made me some lovely pot holders and a decorated tin to put my Chinese fortune in from our dinner out on Sunday. Tiffany sent me a key holder from Alaska with a picture of Vivian and I on Andrea's front porch swing, taken last Easter. I also received my Family Calendar with family pictures sprinkled throughout. Andrea never should have made me one in 2005, if she did not want to make them for me until the day I die! They are my favorites!

Miss Tiffany was the super creative one of the bunch though! Andrea, Melanie, and I "oohed" and "aahed" over her brown bag wrapping paper upon which she had drawn whimsical pictures and her creative items she used to make bows. Steven observed that when you live in the wilds of Alaska that if you do not get paper and ribbon on your yearly trip to Walmart, you do without. When Tiff called from Alaska, we complimented her, and she laughed and said "Being poor is the mother of invention!" and let us know Steven was right.

What a great tradition that I look forward to for many years to come! Thanks, Andrea! My head is already spinning with ideas for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment